Site Reliability Engineer at Drift
At Drift, the mission of the Site Reliability Engineer is developer enablement. Our customers are Drift’s engineers; we create systems that help them to deliver an amazing experience for Drift’s users and partners. We treat reliability as a problem that mostly takes care of itself when engineers are at their happiest and most productive. We also provide the tools engineers need to identify and understand problems when things do go sideways.
To help us with this mission we’re looking for engineers with a broad background and strong skills in both software and systems engineering to join our team.
As an SRE at Drift, you’ll work on Java-based microservices one day and tinker with infrastructure automation the next. You could contribute to triaging and resolving an incident, then participate in the post-mortem meeting and help ensure we have the visibility needed to preemptively detect similar issues in the future. Sound interesting? Drop us a line - we’d love to talk shop!
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are equally comfortable troubleshooting an issue on a Linux server using command-line tools as you are adding a new feature to a microservice using your favorite IDE or editor.
- Enjoy visualizing and understanding the behavior of systems.
- Can collaborate across teams and manage priorities to achieve organizational goals.
- Have experience building distributed systems in a statically-typed language like Java or C#.
- Are fluent in using Terraform to manage AWS resources.
- Can automate repetitive work in a language like Python, Ruby, or shell script.
- Understand Docker and container-based infrastructure platforms like Amazon ECS or Kubernetes.
- Find satisfaction in teaching others about best practices and systems topics.
- Use data to make decisions and justify your conclusions.
- Have a strong desire to make on-call commitments as unobtrusive as possible.
You’ll work on:
- Helping a product engineering team choose and define Service Level Objectives for their microservices.
- Building solutions to enable application configuration changes with zero downtime.
- Creating Terraform modules that make it easy for engineers to build standardized AWS infrastructure with baked-in monitoring and alerting.
- Streamlining distributed tracing systems to provide more insight with less effort.
- Authoring and implementing best practices for application configuration, delivery, and monitoring.
- Rearchitecting our multi-platform software deployment system.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]