We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
BUILDING THE POSSIBILITIES
We’re growing rapidly. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the tech industry, and when you join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our products.
What You'll Do:
- Create self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Chef, Terraform, and Docker
- Learn how to define key metrics and SLAs around new web services being created to support our rapid traffic growth
- You will learn how to design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLAs
- You will also foster a continuous deployment ecosystem that will allow DraftKings to operate at a massive scale.
What Skills You'll Use:
- Your experience with cloud environments and provisioning automation
- Understanding of common scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Bash).Experience working with at least one object-oriented language (Java, C#, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking and web concepts and ability to debug issues down to the packets
- Understanding of the Linux/Windows command line and system operations
- Working knowledge of basic systems metrics like CPU, memory, and processes
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.