Site Reliability Engineer
- We currently use Rails 5, React.js, and GraphQL with Relay, but we are constantly evolving and aren’t afraid to try new things. We also believe that smart people with open minds and related experience can pick up any new technology or stack quickly.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our methods of deployment and the processes and tools required to execute those deployments
- Create failure management processes and tools so outages can be handled with minimal loss of delivery
- Research emerging tools and trends, championing changes to our tech and processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team
- Manage issue tracking and agile development tools ((Jira, Confluence, Github, etc.)
- Automate parts of our product delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools
- Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts
- Devise and develop analytical tools to measure the efficiency of products and processes
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on expertise with deployment and configuration technologies
- Proven ability with scripting languages
- Desire to build quality products and an appreciation for good unit testing
- Working knowledge of source control
- Great attention to detail
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time, unfortunately)
Our Engineering culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight (almost continuous) deployment cycle. We ship code 1x/week with some nightly builds (both web & mobile), with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: We’re a small startup with big plans, and there’s so much to do. Whether it’s an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasn’t been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.