Settings Optimization Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Systems Performance Manager is a release-oriented R&D group leadership role. You will manage a team that measures and improves new algorithms, new material properties and the printer itself to deliver a package of software and materials that yields high print success rates. The charter for this team includes basic testing, characterization, improvement and validation. The person leading this team will demonstrate an appetite and understanding for the details of how Formlabs printers work and are “tuned,” along with the planning skill to keep new releases of materials and software.This role interfaces with other engineering leaders to set aggressive schedules and keep improvements flowing to our growing customer base.
If you have the R&D or engineering background to understand our 3D printers, materials and software, along with group management and planning skills we want you as our Settings Optimization Manager.
- Manage a cross disciplinary team of 4-5 people, including materials engineers, 3D print process and test engineers
- Develop a deep understanding of how Formlabs printers, print process algorithms and materials work together
- Investigate to improve print quality, print speed, and reliability
- Coordinate with software, materials and other teams to determine sufficient testing and validation, develop tools and methods for efficient testing
- Work with other engineering leaders to run ongoing schedules of new printing features, new materials, improvements and new 3D printers
- Have experience investigating or testing and improving late-stage R&D or engineering projects, ideally combining elements of material science and other technologies such as software, electromechanical systems, sensors or optics
- Demonstrate the ability to take high quality measurements and data and drive your team to do the same
- Have experience with late-stage engineering through product release and improvement
- Ability to connect with the needs of Formlabs customers and show an interest in the 3D printing market
- Ability to run test plans against a schedule
- Be a leader who can manage a team of diverse engineering skills, run schedules, hire and develop talent
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.