Senior/Staff Software Engineer (DCC)
We are a growing company that’s improving the restaurant industry by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, to focus on what they love doing, and thrive.
Device Command and Control systems manage the Toast tablets installed in tens of thousands of restaurants. DCC ensures quick onboarding of new devices, rapid distribution of new features, and device insights for Toast support and operations. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with fullstack or backend-focused experience who is interested in solving large scale problems.
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- Building a single page application for managing upgrades to specific restaurants
- Integrating with Splunk to analyze data from all devices on field
- Creating visibility into release health and restaurant version history
As a senior software engineer on the Device Command & Control team, you will be:
- Design, build and maintain reliable, highly scalable backend services to support our mobile app
- Create easy-to-understand UI for customers and internal users to leverage
- Help construct a seamless user experience on device upgrade and setup
- Participate in estimating effort, testing, debugging, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end web (and some Android)
- Understand different user profiles using our tools to actively contribute to product design
- Evaluate currently available best technology options to fit requirements
- Mentor junior team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in Java or other object oriented languages (Kotlin experience welcome)
- Well-versed in microservices architecture and databases
- Passionate about solving large scale problems and building great software for internal and external customers
- Great at communicating and working with others
- Prior Android experience and web UI knowledge are a plus