Senior UI/UX Engineer, CarGurus Labs at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Labs team is looking for a skilled Senior UI/UX Engineer to work on exciting new projects in the automotive space! These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is a huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing.
Examples of recent public initiatives:
- P2P – Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, and secure.
- Instant Offers – Helping sellers who sell privately get the best offer from a local dealer through a real time auction.
- Dealer Finance - Enabled users to shop dealer inventory with real financing rates. (Spun out into an independent Digital Retail team.)
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, consumer insights analysts, and data analysts to take an idea from concept to release
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer facing feature to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine what’s next.
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
Who you are:
- Experience with ReactJS, or a similar framework
- Able to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit
- A product owner and advocate for the end user
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.