Senior UI Engineer at Vestmark, Inc. (Remote)
Vestmark is a leading provider of wealth management solutions and services which enable financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem. With over $1+ trillion in assets and 3+ million accounts, we are a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected players across the wealth management industry. Our team of over 400 employees is made up of highly skilled software engineers, implementation specialists, business strategists, and visionaries who maintain an eye toward the future of financial technology.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Senior User Interface Engineer with a passion for technology and solving complex problems to join our rapidly growing Scrum organization! Your energy, enthusiasm, and technical curiosity, combined with your appreciation and support of our core values, will be leveraged to help us build the next generation of our wealth management applications. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and the reason we’ve been named Best Places to Work by Boston Business Journal 5 years in a row.
- Collaborate with product owners, architects, and fellow scrum team members in an agile environment, with a cross-functional team, to understand technical needs and user requirements
- Contribute to the development of interactive dashboards, data visualizations, and dynamic experiences through tight collaboration with product designers and project team members.
- Provide leadership and proactively introduce improvements to our architecture, code, tools, pipelines, and process.
- Be a champion of the developer experience
- With a quality and test-driven approach create single-page applications that meet our Product and User Experience requirements
- Leverage strong architecture, implementation, and UX skills to create and enhance a common framework and toolset for all Vestmark products and engineers
- Strong expertise in UI architecture, client-side performance & instrumentation considerations, cross-browser compatibility, and security issues
- Expert level understanding of a modern UI Framework, React preferred
- Experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of the Agile process and continuous integration.
- Strong knowledge of modern CSS approaches
- Significant experience with complex responsive web interfaces, forms, and data visualizations
- Strong communication skills and experience with effectively advising senior stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements
- Propensity to stay on top of emerging standards
- Strong experience with TypeScript
- Strong experience with Unit, Functional, and Scale Testing Frameworks
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools and pipelines
- Strong discipline of UI development best practices, as demonstrated in a work portfolio showing applications and/or code samples
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environments
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with search platforms, such as Elasticsearch
- Experience in object-oriented programming with at least one object-oriented programming language.
- Experience creating and deploying Docker images
- Experience with NodeJS, developing microservices.
- Experience developing financial services software
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience