Senior UI Engineer, Biomation at Indigo
As a senior front-end engineer on the Biomation team, you will build and maintain applications that data scientists and researchers use to interact with the tools and services they use to run analysis pipelines on genomic data. Your desire to make intuitive and simple interfaces will provide non-technical users with a frictionless way to use complex systems.
Indigo helps farmers increase crop yields and reduce reliance on chemicals by treating seeds with naturally occurring microbes that help the crop perform under various stress situations. The Biomation team helps the Research and Development organization push large amounts of data about the microbiome through analysis and machine learning pipelines to determine the best and most beneficial microbes.
As a frontend engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and UX designers based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web apps.
- You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks. We primarily use Typescript, GraphQL, and React, but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You might have experience with Data Visualization and UX patterns.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.