Senior Sustaining Engineer at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:48 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, January 27, 2022
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
Veeva is currently seeking a talented Senior Sustaining Engineer to join our CDMS Development Team. As a Senior Sustaining Engineer, you will be charged with troubleshooting and fixing critical product issues. You’ll also help build tools for supporting and monitoring our CDMS products.
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot critical customer reported issues in Veeva’s CDMS products
- Learn everything about Veeva’s CDMS modules and use that knowledge to ensure our customers are successful
- Build tools to help with fixing and troubleshooting product issues
- Collaborate with the Development, Support, Product, and QA teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues
- Identify problems that may impact multiple customers
- 4+ years of experience in software support or sustaining role for Enterprise products
- Self-motivated, self-described techy/developer, eager to learn new software
- Experience with troubleshooting web apps built with Java, HTML/CSS
- Hands-on experience with SQL querying and working with data
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an environment with high visibility and high expectations
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills to reduce customer concerns in urgent or critical situations
- Ability to technically collaborate with product engineers while troubleshooting customer escalations
- Experience in scripting (Batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS
- Experience using Kibana
- Experience in areas of performance, security, interoperability, compatibility, usability
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Meet the Veeva Boston Team
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]