Senior SRE/DevOps Engineer at Thrasio (Greater Boston Area, MA)
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:21 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, February 12, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Tech Org:
The mission of the technology team is to provide the super power infrastructure that enables Thras.io to operate the most efficient, innovative, and effective next generation consumer products company in the world. If you are interested in working with large data systems, applying data science and predictive analytics, or building powerful interfaces for internal business customers then you will find those opportunities at Thrasio.
Cloud Engineering is a full service Cloud Architecture, DevOps and Production Operations team at Thrasio. We are responsible for all things Cloud, providing reference architectures for advanced teams to consume as well as partnering with teams that need more hands-on guidance. You will have ample opportunity to explore new technologies and tools supporting our Software Development teams, Business Partners and other tech teams.
Some Responsibilities May Include:
- Daily administration, engineering support, and maintaining consistent configuration -- with particular focus on automation technologies and DevOps.
- Design solutions for our engineering teams, including AWS services, CI pipelines and custom monitoring.
- Work with Engineering teams and other SREs to identify process improvements to increase ease of use, reliability and performance of our infrastructure and applications.
- Ensure procedures, processes, and documentation are well defined and available to the rest of the team.
- Define AWS reference architectures via Terraform, including building reusable Terraform Modules.
- Assist in defining best practices across our technology stack, including AWS, Github, CircleCI.
- Work independently, and receive minimal guidance.
What You Bring To The Party:
- 5+ years of successful technical experience supporting and maintaining a production system.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- A very strong understanding of Linux or other POSIX based operating systems.
- Understanding of networking, CIDR, Subnetting and VPN.
- Heavy automation domain knowledge and is experience with systems like Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Experience operating infrastructure in AWS.
- Infrastructure as Code, scripting and automation experience, solid knowledge of Python, Ruby, or other similar tools will be highly valuable.
- Experience working CI/CD pipeline tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field (Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative, Physics, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent working experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with data warehousing systems like Snowflake and Redshift.
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL administration.
- CircleCI pipeline and Orb development experience.
- Experience with Datadog or similar log aggregation and analysis tools.
- Experience supporting advanced projects including Data Science, Data analysis and transformation, Microservice reference architectures, ML and Chatbots.
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description