This is an opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of a Unified Wealth Management platform application as a member of the Engineering Maintenance Support team. While many Engineering opportunities can be focused on a single piece of functionality, this team works on all aspects of an Enterprise Web Architecture. As a team member, you will have an opportunity to utilize your forensic skills to debug issues large and small. You will have an opportunity to work both independently to resolve bugs and questions, as well as work together as a team when required to resolve immediate issues. This team is beloved by all we interact with because we are problem solvers. We have the opportunity daily to identify and resolve production issues that make our business run smoothly.
Vestmark is a leading provider of wealth management solutions and services that enable financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem. With over $1+ trillion in assets and 3+ million accounts, we are a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected players across the wealth management industry.
Our team of over 400 employees is made up of highly skilled software engineers, implementation specialists, business strategists, and visionaries who maintain an eye toward the future of financial technology. Our employees are our most valuable assets and the reason we have been named Best Places to Work by Boston Business Journal five years in a row.
- Diagnose complex system issues (both target programming language and SQL)
- Troubleshoot production issues with little guidance.
- Availability and willingness to troubleshoot production issues off hours and over the weekend as required.
- Collaborate with other client support teams across the organization to resolve escalations
- Fix bugs and merge code to multiple release branches. Work to resolve complicated merge conflicts.
- B. S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience in development and testing of enterprise Web applications.
- Proficient in Java development and Enterprise Web Architecture.
- Good understanding of Web services (SOAP, REST).
- Experience with SQL Server/general database and good understanding of SQL
- Experience with MS Windows or Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Splunk, Solar Winds, and AppDynamics
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environments.
- Experience with developing financial software such as Reconciliation, Portfolio Management Systems, and/or Trading Systems is very desirable
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, SQL, PostgreSQL, Liquibase, Apache Camel, and ServiceMix.
- Familiarity with different FIX and other financial transmission protocols will be an added advantage.
- Familiarization with Key Cloak Authentication process.
- Good Understanding of the SSO process.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.