Senior Software Engineer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Publishing and configuration management are mission critical for every Toast restaurant each and every day. It’s how restaurants do everything from making menu updates live in the restaurant, to adding new employees, to monitoring what system changes have been made. As Toast’s customer base continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, our infrastructure needs to keep pace with both our growth and the increasingly complex and technical needs of our customers. As a member of the Restaurant Config Platform team, you will help ensure that all Toast customers, today and tomorrow, have a positive experience managing their restaurants’ core operations.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly resilient and scalable systems that are critical to our customers’ success
- Lead complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for our customers
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Extensive experience working with an Object Oriented Language like Java or Kotlin, with a deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Experience building backend services and APIs and scaling distributed systems
- Experience shipping critical production services and balancing getting things done with platform stability and reliability
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.