Senior Software Engineer at Nuance
You are an engineer who is passionate about exploring and applying technology to help solve real world end customer business problems. It annoys you when processes are not followed and design patterns/architectures are incorrect. You possess a strong desire to learn and lead the rest of the team to solutions and ideas.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Work on products that bring Enterprise grade Conversation AI solutions to both private and public cloud.- Bring your ideas to the table and help others to achieve their potential.
- Keep up with the latest technology trends, always focusing on how to build a better solution.
- Institute and champion best practices for a cloud native architecture, from consistency and readability to maintainability and documentation.
- Follow documented and participate in the process for delivering the Product(s)
- Collaborate with team members in every aspect of creating the product demonstrate end-to-end understanding of the process (CI/CD, Docket, Kubernetes, microservices, ...)
- Develop features using the established technologies (React, Java...) as well as identify when new technologies should be considered as a better solution.
- Engage in full DevOps lifecycle through "You Build It, You Run It" model - including L2 support and SRE engagement
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education:Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
Minimum years of work experience:8+ years
- Possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to the overall team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Programming background in one of lower level programming language: C, C++, C#, JAVA, Go, Python ...OR
- Programming background in one of the popular web frameworks: React, Vue, Angular, Vaadin, ...
- Positive attitude and able to work well with others.
- Ability to learn new concepts, architectures, APIs, etc as needed.
- Professional experience collaborating in a team environment
- Passion for creating and refining efficient processes
- Comfortable communicating with, presenting to, and receiving input from a variety of people, including senior management
- Strong with Cloud Native tools and delivery in distributed systems architectures (e.g. CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, , ...)
- Knowledge of communication protocols: HTTP1.1, HTTP2, GRPC, WebSocket
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.