Senior Software Engineer at Bullhorn
Bullhorn is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Development team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
As a Software Engineer at Bullhorn, you’ll be working with a team of talented engineers to build web and mobile applications that solve critical needs in the recruiting and staffing industry. Bullhorn’s ecosystem of products span a wide array of technologies, and we’re looking for skilled engineers who can help us continue to grow and advance our platform. We’re looking both for experts in a given language as well as talented engineers that are willing to branch out and learn something new.
As a Software Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Attending daily team stand ups
- Collaborating in distributed cross functional teams in multiple geographic locations
- Working closely with product managers, designers and engineers to brainstorm and guide decisions on Bullhorn’s products and features
- Pair programming with other engineers to solve complex problems
- Sharing knowledge and experience with your engineering peers and architects
- Advocating for ways to improve our engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Working within a positive, energizing, collaborative team environment
- Solving complex platform problems, developing customer and partner APIs, and building innovative designs
This job might be for you if:
- You want to be an integral part of an innovative, high-performance development team
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with frequent software releases
- You are comfortable challenging and being challenged by your teammates
- You are willing to lead company wide initiatives alongside day to day development responsibilities
- You build up less experienced developers through mentoring
- You’ve loved every minute of your software application development experience
- You’re skilled or familiar with backend technologies including Java EE, C#, Apex, Node, PHP, Spring, Tomcat, Redis, JMS, JDBC, and JPA (Hibernate)
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.