Senior Software Engineer at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Every day, hundreds of thousands of servers, hosts, bartenders, and chefs use Toast’s POS to serve their guests. Our team strives to make their experience as smooth and effective as possible. When we do our job well, the restaurant staff have time to focus on what they love: providing great food and service.
We achieve this with an Android app that pushes the boundaries of mobile technology and a set of supporting cloud services. The Toast POS app packages up all of the complexity that goes into restaurant operations (order management, pricing, payments, tablet-to-tablet communication) into a simple UI that anyone in the restaurant can use. Our cloud services manage restaurant configuration, order statuses, and syncing data between the tablet and cloud. We employ a wide variety of technologies (Android, Java, Kotlin, AWS, React, Pulsar) to build our products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, and deliver features of Toast POS
- Ensure quality by building automated testing for changes
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
- Work with experienced engineers to get design and code review
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Comfortable working in Java
- Mobile experience or interest in learning more about Android
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
*Bread puns encouraged but not required