Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia’s Cloud Edge team owns a set of services that provide network edge and caching capabilities that are durable, secure, highly available, scalable, and fast. Our team powers enterprise-level production Drupal environments for thousands of customers who trust us to deliver their brands and digital experience across the world to millions of users.Responsible for
- Design and develop features for a distributed, multi-tenant, and scale out edge, routing, and web caching platform services
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you build in accordance with service level objectives.
- Build high volume, highly available services in PHP and Ruby utilizing the latest cloud based services from Amazon Web Services.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners.
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Be an active participant in Scrum ceremonies.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on teams
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to more junior engineers
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Experienced in multiple programming languages, including PHP, Ruby and Rust.
- Very comfortable in a Linux environment, including low-level networking fundamentals like ARP, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, iptables, etc.
- Firsthand experience in designing and implementing multiple scalable network solutions using open source tech like NGINX, Varnish, Istio, etc in public and private cloud environments including AWS, GCP, Bluemix, etc.
- Relevant technical degree or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Deep, working knowledge of LAMP stack
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong background with service oriented architecture, building scalable, reliable systems
- Experience in different programming languages:
- PHP, Ruby, Rust, Python and Go.
- Experience with modern containerization systems
- Docker, LXC, runc, etc.
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and Varnish
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Security and ingress gateways
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals
- e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.
- Compliance experience in the web security space
- e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.
- Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.