Senior Software Engineer at edX
Senior Software Engineer
edX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT and Harvard. Our platform allows millions of learners around the world the opportunity to access education across a variety of different subjects. Your work will help learners around the world find and succeed in courses on edX, helping them achieve their goals.
We are hiring a senior software engineer to join the team responsible for building new platform capabilities that will enable us to disrupt education by offering high quality, affordable online Master’s degrees. You will help lead modernization efforts across our platform, including work with React and other front-end languages.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of full-stack coding experience
- Ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure
- Ability to share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Python and Django
- Experience building static websites (we use Gatsby and GraphQL)
- Experience with Optimizely or similar A/B testing tools
- Familiarity with experiment design and evaluation
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Experience with accessibility best practices and compliant front-end development standards
- Familiarity with open source frameworks
- An interest in enabling and integrating open source contributions
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.