Senior Software Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Dragon Medical One CE Engineer will contribute to the development of Nuance Dragon Medical One as part of a team responsible for continued engineering in close cooperation with technical support, customers, and partners. Dragon Medical One is a cloud-based, secure speech recognition solution for the healthcare market, enabling healthcare providers to efficiently document using their voice. The position holder is expected to actively contribute in customer facing communication, hands-on analysis of software defects and creation of technical documentation - working in a highly collaborative and global environment.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation including deployment- and detailed step-by-step trouble-shooting guides targeting system administrators and DevOps
- Representing engineering teams in customer facing technical communication
- Contribution to software- and documentation requirements engineering and elicitation through customer communication and feedback
- Analysis of interoperability issues between healthcare systems and Nuance Dragon Medical One
- Analysis of deployment issues of Nuance Dragon Medical One and Nuance Dragon Medical
- Server in customer environments, including environments hosted by US Government agencies
- Close cooperation with other engineering teams and active participation in working on issue resolution as part of the Dragon Medical One Engineering organization
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, Math or related field.
Years of Experience: 5+
Knowledge and Skills:
- Security Clearance (active or willing and able to obtain)
- C# Experience
- Comfortable being part of a team, especially a geographically dispersed team
- Comfortable with travelling and customer facing contact
- Familiar with software development and software development processes
- Familiar with client - server based enterprise software
- Solid technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration
- Excellent English technical writing skills
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Experience developing customer facing software
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.