Senior Software Engineer at Wellframe
Translate user stories into software solutions (60%):
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand the business problems.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience.
- Validate design approach with other senior engineers.
- Write automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality.
Debug and fix production issues (20%):
- Participate in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have exemplar uptime and reliability.
- Work with our customer support team to debug and fix bugs affecting our users.
Mentor Software Engineers (10%):
- Work closely with software engineers to guide their technical and career growth.
Scope out complexity of future work (10%);
- Work with product managers and scrum masters to develop proof of concepts and estimates for future work.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 3 years development experience building SaaS or cloud-based commercial software products.
- Experienced with backend frameworks such as Spring or Ruby on Rails .
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python.
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions — knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma.
- Demonstrable history of technical mentorship.
- Thrives on diverse technical challenges — our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Effective communication skills.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.