Senior Software Engineer
BHE’s mission is to improve healthcare through innovative analytics. Our team has built a next-generation analytics platform, Instant Health Data (IHD), to bring researchers together to generate insights into improving population health, quality of care, and managing costs.
Our engineering team is looking for talented individuals who want to bring our platform to the next level, expanding into new markets. In undertaking this challenge, our new engineers will be at the forefront of the latest technologies, learn about large-scale, new and emerging data sources, and help BHE maintain its leadership position.
Our engineers work in a fast-paced, rapid-learning environment with leaders in software development, working with massive data sets, and healthcare data analytics. In our environment, everyone is encouraged to make a difference without experiencing the fixed ways of doing business in larger, bureaucratic organizations.
- Design, build, and maintain a highly scalable web analytics platform
- Ensure that the platform meets business requirements and industry practices for security and privacy
- Integrate new technologies and software engineering tools into existing platform
- Mentor other software engineers
- Provide software architecture support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical/science field
- 5 years of full-stack development experience
- 5 years of experience working in a Linux environment
- Significant experience with a NoSQL database
- Significant experience with Apache Spark
- Significant experience with Python and Java
Why be a part of BHE's Team?
- Leading healthcare data analytics/big data company
- Work on a team of talented and pragmatic engineers/researchers
- Great mentorship and growth opportunities