Senior Software Engineer, Wellness Go365 (Java/J2EE) at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Software Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert and lead the application component design, development and oversee testing, debugging and develops fixes. He/She will also guide the development team with technology direction and best development practices.
Candidate will have an unique opportunity to work in the Wellness space which aligns well with Humana’s strategy of transforming into an organization that takes E2E member health into consideration and not just an Insurance company. Working with a talented team of engineers, candidate will have opportunity to design, code, test and transform current environment into a more robust platform aimed at exceeding business / consumer expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Strong Core Java, J2EE development experience and also using Spring based technologies such as Batch and Integration along with REST APIs, JSON
- Analyze, design, code, test, debug, maintain, modify and document solution that are being built to enable the integration capabilities.
- Work with other developers, assist QA specialists, product owner and user experience with elaboration of user stories, acceptance criteria, and design decisions
- Sound understanding and application of Code management using GIT, Unit testing, DevOps, CI, CD and Automation
- Experience in designing and developing efficient and high availability Web Services/Rest APIs, Performance testing, profiling and tuning
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to translate high level details, vision and scope into design, coding/testing requirements and writing technical specifications
- Comprehensive understanding of OO, SOA, design patterns and containerization
- Experienced with RDBMS back-end using Oracle, MySQL and familiarity with SQL Optimization techniques
- Experienced in applications development with 5+ years of hands-on development experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of success in development and support of applications utilizing agile-scrum methodologies.
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master’s degree in Computer science, Information systems or related field
- Healthcare IT background
- Experience in designing application architecture
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with Cloud Architecture and implementation