Senior Software Engineer in Test
Carbon Black is seeking smart, energetic, and technically curious engineers to join our team and help us deliver high quality, cloud based endpoint protection for macOS!
The ideal engineer will possess the technical flexibility and programming/debugging skills to work with both product code and test automation code effectively, as we find and resolve bugs before shipping each Cb Defense Sensor release. Automation is key to our ability to develop an agile, fast paced development process, and you will contribute in a pivotal way to our automation code and infrastructure. You will also have the opportunity to an integral part of the identification, investigation and resolution of bugs discovered in our product source code during testing. You will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from teams of excellent, highly technical automation engineers and developers, improving the system quality and coverage. If you are the kind of programmer that wants to grow technically while making a meaningful contribution to cutting edge software that does some good in the world, join Carbon Black!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement automated tests for a cutting edge cybersecurity product.
- Improve and maintain test infrastructure.
- Mentor team members in proven automation practices and provide guidance and direction on automation efforts.
- Discover, investigate, diagnose and report automated test failures.
What You'll Bring
- Strong Python programming skills
- 5-8 years of automation experience (familiarity with PyTest is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to drive software quality efforts toward proven best practices
- Demonstrated technical capacity and skill in debugging test failures and driving resolution of bugs in the product source code
- Linux and/or macOS knowledge, and experience (including Linux and/or macOS command line)