Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a strong senior software engineer to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
Are you inspired by innovation? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Chewy Storefront. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in cloud computing and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customer experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Chewy Storefront; we will give you the tools and support you need to innovate with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Chewy Storefront department is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer within our Discover and Engage division. Discover and Engage team is responsible for powering Chewy.com’s Home Page, Navigation & Product Details Page. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires engineers with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. In this role, you will be part of a team of talented front-end, back-end, and quality engineers to deliver high quality, scalable, and robust features that will delight our pet parents across our platforms. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States.
The ideal candidate is a strong techie who will be able to bring in expertise and creativity leading to rapid innovation, design, and build of various services that are secure, reliable, and high performant. You need to be comfortable blazing your own path, operating in a rapidly growing, high velocity environment.
What You'll Do:
- Design, architect, and implement fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production web applications and services
- Create code that seamlessly supports diverse web-clients, from high-powered desktop computers to small-footprint mobile devices
- Collaborate with the team to bake quality into every phase of our software development lifecycle
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating and interacting with Product Management and Design teams to develop the best solution for our customers and enable us to continue to optimize our customer retention and conversion metrics
- Follow and find ways to adopt the latest advancements in front-end, back-end technologies and techniques so that chewy.com is not just a good ecommerce web site, but a great one
- Review code and mentor other developers on software engineering best practices
- Build relationships across teams, communicate technical problems and decisions clearly, and be able to productively resolve conflict
What You'll Need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of working primarily on the server-side technologies (e.g. Spring Boot, Java/Kotlin).
- Experience in building, deploying, running scaled infrastructure and applications in AWS
- Experience in service oriented architecture
- Experience with micro-services, micro-front-end, and/or service oriented architectures
- Expertise in operationally supporting and troubleshooting applications in production
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins, and CI/CD pipelines used to automate build and deployment
- Knowledge of professional Agile software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Position may require travel
- Experience working with AWS technologies – EC2, Fargate, Docker, RDS, SQS, Lambda etc
- Experience with gRPC, kotlin co-routines, async/reactive web services
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]