About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Senior Engineer in Restaurant Integrations, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, monitoring and scaling the systems responsible for streamlining restaurant onboarding, menu management and direct-to-POS order processing.
The Impact You Will Make
- Implement features, tools & processes to enable our Restaurant Integrations platform to be highly-available, fault-tolerant & multi-data center.
- Implement & enhance existing and new Ordering Provider integrations.
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technology staff to deliver features.
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to contribute.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Programming, or Engineering related field preferred
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience developing & consuming Restful APIs
- Rails experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available systems (5x9’s uptime etc.)
- Familiarity in working with containerized environments
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]