At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Why You Should Join the Onboarding Team
The Onboarding/K60 team at Klaviyo is focused on improving the early experience of Klaviyo for new customers. We work diligently to improve the rate at which customers are successfully setting up their Klaviyo account and gaining value from the platform. Engineers on the Onboarding team use data to discover opportunities for improvement, implement A/B tests to validate ideas, and work across the product to iteratively improve UX and reduce confusion for new customers. We are looking for great generalist software engineers that have an interest in or experience with growing a user-base and building a great customer onboarding pipeline.
How You Will Make a Difference
- In this role, you will implement user-experience improvements across the Klaviyo product, especially in areas that affect new customers.
- You will design and implement A/B tests to validate ideas, and interpret the results of A/B tests to inform iterative improvements to the product.
- You will collaborate with marketing, data-science, sales, and engineering teams to discover areas for improvement, as well as engaging with customers directly to learn more about how we can better serve their needs.
- You will help us improve our experimentation and development processes, and mentor other engineers on the team.
- Boston (preferred) or Remote.
Who You Are
- Experienced in technical leadership and seeing large projects through to completion.
- Have a strong background in full stack software engineering with experience building and improving products with particular emphasis on the frontend.
- Skilled at reading and understanding code, across a variety of codebases.
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stack areas. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know how to pick the right tool for any job.
- Passionate about growing and improving a product daily using a data driven mindset.
- Experienced with A/B Testing products with metric based goals to improve user experience and customer acquisition and success (nice to have)
- Thrives in a startup/entrepreneurial type environment that is fast paced, customer focused, and strategic.\
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django, Celery
- MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.), Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and other DevOps tools
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.