Senior Software Engineer - Microservices - Travel Foundation at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• 2+ years experience in dynamic backend environment
• Experience working with persistence technologies
• Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experience at scale
• The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
• Experience mentoring and leading people at different stages in their career
• Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
About the job
A unique opportunity to address help Hopper's Travel Platform scale ! As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Travel Foundation team, you'll focus on enabling Hopper's mission focused teams to excel by addressing the underlying and fundamental challenges encountered as the whole travel infrastructure grows. For example, creating and maintaining abstractions that facilitate the common patterns found when selling flights or rental cars. You will be directly responsible for building important core technologies that power Hopper developers and our products!
- Solve complex technical problems to empower engineering teams
- Work in a dynamic microservices environment with a rich API tier
- Build innovative platform systems, setting standards for code and performance
- Decide how to best build core systems to take advantage of our microservices architecture
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description