At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the world-class engineering team at the company that’s redefining how people travel. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, deploying and operating the complex backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience.
Our Air Foundation team is in charge of building and maintaining a reliable and scalable platform on which we can serve our flights customers, from the moment they search for a flight to the moment they return from their trip, by introducing self-serve, fully automated solutions. We also empower our operations and feature development teams by providing tools and platforms.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build automated solutions that simplify the customer service journey
- Build and operate robust and performant infrastructure that supports millions of bookings per year
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Leverage and contribute to a rich microservice architecture system
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Passion for building engaging user experiences
- Experience building automated solutions to simplify complicated manual processes
- Interest and experience with site reliability engineering practices
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale
- Experience or curiosity to learn distributed system development in Scala
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Software Developers, and highly skilled travel agents
- Ability to focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- A desire to help its team to continuously improve
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)