Senior Software Engineer, Markets, Web
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
The Poloniex exchange (poloniex.com) is one of the largest and most popular cryptocurrency market platforms in the world. Poloniex, or Polo, offers its customers high-level security by the use of two-factor authentication, handy analytical and technical tools. As a Senior Engineer on the Poloniex front-end engineering team, you’ll take the lead in creating product features that will shape the future of Poloniex. You will join a team of engineers and designers that share ideas and code that help us to build the best cryptocurrency exchange app.
- Create, own, and iterate upon product features that shape the future of the Poloniex web product
- Improve UI and UX for our users to have better insight into their own activity
- Collaborate with a fun, passionate team to help craft elegant solutions to problems using the latest technologies
- Help to mentor new software engineers in best-practices and strategies
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 5+ years experience building/running an application in production using modern web technologies
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with SQL databases
- Insatiable desire to learn and improve your craft
- Enjoy building appealing user interfaces that customers love and crave
- Real passion for writing readable, maintainable and well-tested code
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.