Senior Software Engineer - KyruusOne Team at Kyruus
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
About the KyruusOne Team -
Kyruus has a mission to solve the patient access paradox by making sure to match patients to the right provider (e.g. doctor) the first time. One of the main catalysts for this paradox is that the variety of data that represents a provider is not straight forward nor in one place. The time spent by patients combing through that information on their own can lead to added time in finding the right care.
On the KyruusOne team, we work hard to minimize mistakes when it comes to getting the data you need. This all starts with rich data sets of provider information that need to be canonicalized, normalized, and transformed into a warehouse that is accessible to all our applications. The team is a collaborative group of software engineers that tackle: provider data models, scalable APIs, intuitive workflows in the UI while tying together the different aspects of data management like bulk editing, canonicalization, and large datasets.
Join this team to work on the most central part of our applications. Be involved in cross-team discussions as we grow and scale our applications and help design the future of healthcare.
You’ll design, develop, debug, and test code to support our software products. You’ll understand requirements and translate them into production-worthy capabilities to make progress on our product roadmap and planned customer commits.
- Your typical day will include writing code (lots!) and reviewing others’ code. You’ll develop unit and integration tests to ensure quality of the code.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll ensure stories are on track to be delivered with the sprint. You’ll escalate issues if the stories begin to go off track and work with your team to make necessary corrections to mitigate overall project risk.
- You’ll embrace and consistently apply best practices, coding standards, and patterns for development and deployment of your code. You’ll mentor more junior engineers on those best practices and patterns.
- You’ll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system. You’ll address outages in a timely manner in order to accomplish our technology platform SLAs.
- You’ll work on design and architecture investigations.
- You’ll report to the Senior Director, Engineering in the Routing & Scheduling department within the R&D - Engineering division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 4+ years programming experience to:
- Help accomplish the goals of your Agile team through your design and programming skills
- Accurately estimate work for the sprint cycle and proactively provide updates on your status. Communicate adjustments to your estimates as you have new information in order to ensure your Product Owner can set appropriate expectations about availability of value being delivered by your team.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
- Research new libraries and components to add to our system.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
- Mentor fellow and junior engineers
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You commit quality code (lots!) reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write excellent documentation.
- You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are reliable team member
- You provide timely feedback on designs and code changesets and share technical insights, learnings, and best practices with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Software Engineer II role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here you could become either a Principal Software Engineer I or a Manager, Engineering. From there, Kyruuvians can either become Principal Software Engineer II, then Software Architect or continue on a management path to Senior Manager, Engineering and then Director, Engineering.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.