Senior Software Engineer, Java - Pet Health at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy’s Pet Health team is on a mission to build innovative solutions for our customers and partner veterinarians. At Chewy, we build data driven solutions to bring veterinarians and pet parents together on a single platform. For veterinarians, we bring best-in-class practice management software, Rhapsody. Rhapsody has industry leading veterinary vocabulary, mobile workflow, and scalability for corporate groups of all sizes, as well as best in class analytics solutions to unlock full potential of the practice. For pet parents, we bring a best-in-class mobile app, Boop. Boop is a membership-based experience to deeply engage with their veterinarians. Through Boop, pet parents have seamless access to book appointments, manage pets' medical records, sign-up for Chewy’s wellness/insurance programs, and ultimately build a rich, long-term sustainable relationship with their veterinarians. Chewy’s Pet Health is industry first by combining pet parents and veterinarians onto a single platform, serving the entire industry with best-in-class software. Join our growing team and help us transform the pet industry!
As a Software Engineer on the Pet Health development team, you will build a robust, resilient, and scalable platform. You will own major components of a platform and lead the design and build of production-ready code enforcing CI/CD processes to ensure speed and quality. You will collaborate with product owners to design architecture based on product requirements, breaking features into small work units and leading end-to-end feature development.
- Design, build, deploy and scale major platform components and microservices
- Adhere to enterprise design and coding standards
- Build a culture of innovation through rapid prototyping and continuous delivery to production
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies such as grooming, planning, demos and retros
- Guide and mentor junior engineers to deliver the best quality code through design and code reviews
- 4+ years of programming experience with Java
- Proven experience working with Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Data ecosystem
- Proven experience working with modern SQL/NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Proven experience contributing to development of high-performance systems
- Ability to think independently and participate in breaking down product requirements into well-defined small tasks
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or similar technical field of study preferred), or equivalent work experience
- Experience in frontend technologies such as React, Angular or TypeScript
- Working with GCP and/or AWS
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience working with Node.js
- Experience working with data processing pipelines
- Experience developing software for the medical industry
- Working with distributed teams in different timezones
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].