Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineering at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll be deeply involved in designing and building the software that makes up Toast's internal cloud Infrastructure platform. You'll bring your experience building resilient, scalable production software to bear on projects ranging from automation frameworks and serverless backend APIs, to custom Terraform providers. Work with us to deliver a platform that enables and empowers developers to reliably and safely build, test and deploy infrastructure at scale!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, deploy and maintain highly resilient and scalable services critical to the development and deployment of cloud infrastructure at Toast
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Develop software, tools and automation to reduce toil and increase velocity of cloud infrastructure development across engineering at Toast
- Lead complex projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Participate in a scheduled rotation of engineers on your team who respond to production alerts for the services you own
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with continuous delivery of high quality, reliable and scalable software in production
- Proficient in Go, Python or other modern object oriented language(s) with a strong understanding of testing, quality and best practices
- Experience building and scaling distributed backend services and APIs
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Enjoys working in a diverse team environment collaboratively on a shared code base
- Loves giving and receiving feedback and guidance, actively works to support and help teammates learn and improve
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Familiar with Infrastructure-as-Code SDKs, tooling and principles
- Experience developing plugins for Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks (Terraform providers, Ansible modules & plugins, etc)
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.