Senior Software Engineer II
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative, ambitious team-players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
About the Job:
How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados? How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat? How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale? At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of a modern economy at tremendous scale.
We are looking for a developer to continue building our IT Alerting product. We run a Java/JS/Spring/MongoDB/Postgres stack.
- Design and develop a robust and scalable IT Alerting and Analytics product.
- Design and implement Microservices for the ITA product features.
- Be a scrum team member and software leader that ensures the timely completion of projects with good quality.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with backend application development in Java
- 1+ years of experience with database schema design
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB
- Experience building Microservices
- Experience writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications
- Highly self-motivated and must be able to work independently or within a team.
- Agile and Scrum experience is desired
- Kafka experience or knowledge is a plus
- Terraform and Salt experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.