In this role, you will:
- Build innovative consumer experiences on iOS and/or Android.
- Own the features from inception throughout their lifecycle including technical debt and testing.
- Set high standards for quality and maintainability and mentor others to do the same.
- Handle complex features that will cross system boundaries on the Mobile applications and our rich microservice system.
- Communicate and collaborate with other engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers to deliver incremental wins.
- Continuously improve our team’s ways of working.
An ideal candidate has:
- A passion for building engaging user experiences;
- A strong background in Software Engineering ( 5 years +);
- Experience in developing user-facing web/mobile applications;
- Master one or many languages;
- Experience or is willing to learn distributed system development using our tech stack. (Swift, Kotlin, Scala);
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table;
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialists;
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable and maintainable code that performs well for our consumers.
Our tech stack:
- We have a microservice architecture with over 200+ services.
- Mostly Scala on the backend with some Python.
- Our UIs are Mobile first: Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android.
- We mostly host our services on Google Cloud with some on-prem.
- We use things like HBase, Kafka, Pub/Sub, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL, S3, Delos, Redis.
- GKE (K8) , terraform
- We are driven by data so Amplitude, Big Query and Datadog will be your buddies.
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k