Chewy is looking for a Senior Java Engineer for our Supply Chain Systems team in Boston, MA. This individual will work to develop next generation supply chain and logistics systems for Chewy. You will be developing a micro-services architecture with robust UI’s, back-end API’s including optimization algorithms. You will be working on critical Supply Chain business projects that will make significant impact to Chewy’s overall business.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement new features in Chewy’s Supply Chain applications with web technologies, which have a direct impact on the company’s success
- Develop micro-services that create an intuitive, fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production applications
- Conceptualize, prototype and develop new interfaces/micro-services for Supply Chain applications with web technologies
- Code review and work with other developers on best practices following the latest advancements design patterns and techniques
- Be independent, driven, creative, like to take ownership, participate in all phases of product development, and have excellent organization and communication skills
- Build required integrations with Data Warehouse, Fulfillment, Merchandising and Corporate Systems
- This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving organization and have a significant role in its success
- There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team
What You'll Need:
- 5+ year’s production experience in mid-tier java development.
- Excel in troubleshooting, passion for technology and solving complex problems.
- Experience in developing SOAP / RESTful webservices in Java technology with open source framework like springboot / spring.
- Experience in scrum/agile with excellent exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools like Circle CI, Jenkins, Terraform etc.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in test automation and various phases of testing (unit, functional, integration tests).
- Ability to gather system and user requirements, building Java modules and testing features before release
- Strong SQL skills in SQL Server, Postgres SQL or Oracle.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of supply chain and fulfilment.
- Position may require travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math and Engineering
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics, Fulfillment or E-Commerce environment
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies.
- Experience in integration frameworks like Apache Camel.
- Experience in working with AWS cloud infrastructure.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]