Senior Software Engineer - Fintech at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Payments / Fintech teams at Toast operate one of the most critical portions of the Toast infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day.
As a senior engineer on our team, you will (Responsibilities):
- Bring your domain and general experience to design, build and launch features/improvements on our platform.
- Monitor production systems and build systems/processes to improve our situational awareness and operational efficiency.
- Lead complex, high impact projects that may span multiple teams.
- Mentor and guide your peers, while also learning from their diverse experiences.
Do you have the right ingredients (Requirements)?
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering and distributed systems gained from hands-on experience building fault tolerant and secure applications.
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement.
- You have experience working with product teams to invent solutions that deliver good outcomes to our customer and the company.
- You demonstrate humility, empathy and respectfulness.
We are hiring individuals with a wide range of experience so if you have more or less than these exact roles, please still apply!Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java/Kotlin and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in Postgres and DynamoDB. We are using Apache Pulsar to communicate between modules. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.