Senior Software Engineer - Execution
CircleCI seeks an experienced engineer who is excited to help shape the future of our product. We’re growing fast and looking for folks to join our mission: enabling thousands of developers to do better work every single day.
You'll join a highly distributed team building features and services at the very core of our product, providing the build environments used by our customers millions of times a day. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning.You will have direct impact in the following ways:
- Continuously evolving our platform to be more reliable and fault tolerant.
- Broadening the reach of CircleCI to more execution platforms.
- Utilizing containers, VMs, and virtualization to help us efficiently scale our distributed fleet through the next growth phase both in “cloud” and “hosted” contexts.
- Fostering a culture of observability and monitoring; helping your team use operational data to improve the stability and performance of our systems.
- Solve complex operational challenges in tandem with other teams from engineering, SRE, and support.
- Implementing features that improve users' experience by making the platform faster and easier to understand and use.
- Collaborating across teams to evolve our architecture.
- Writing sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Owning micro-services throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Partnering with product owners to set the direction of our platform.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation.
Do you love collaboration and teamwork? Are you eager to learn new things and help others learn, too? Are you a strong communicator in both synchronous and asynchronous mediums? If so, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of backend development experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- 3+ years experience with Go and/or Java
- Prior experience developing cloud-native services for AWS or GCP
- Some knowledge of Clojure or interest in learning the language
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to learn and collaborate closely with your team in synchronous and asynchronous formats.
We know there’s no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and a cover letter if you’d like to let us know describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.