Senior Software Engineer - Embedded C
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to write the code that runs our printers. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions for problems on real-world products, we want you as a Firmware Engineer.
- Design and implement embedded software applications
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work, find the bugs, and ultimately push the limits of 3D printing
- Collaborate with a stellar team of diverse engineers to enhance the user experience of our products
- High-level software design on embedded computing platform or bare-metal development on MCUs
- Have 3+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Have a passion for firmware and embedded electronics
- Are a C++ expert and also comfortable working with C and Python
- Write, test, and debug low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Development in Unix environments
- Love to work in a collaborative environment
- Operate on a desire for excellence
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Experience with electrical or mechanical engineering
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.