Senior Software Engineer - edX for Business at edX
Senior Software Engineer - edX for Business
edX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT and Harvard. We are adding strong full stack software engineers to join the team in building the world's leading learning destination site and platform so that everyone around the world has the opportunity and access to education.
The Business Engineering team supports organizations that need to provide high-quality education to their workforces at scale. We're looking for a senior engineer to join the team to help implement and propose new features. Your work will be used in production by millions of learners from all over the world.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Qualifications & Skills:
- Real-world experience with web development frameworks like Django
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Demonstrated skills in building service-oriented architectures
- Ability to problem solve and drive projects with loosely defined requirements
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice to Have:
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- Prior work building Static Websites and Single-Page Applications
- Architecture and solutions development leveraging microservices
- Test Driven Development
- BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Familiarity with compliant front-end development standards and accessibility best practices
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.