Senior Software Engineer - DevOps at Skillsoft
Senior Software Engineer – DevOps
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
- Design and create software delivery and deployment pipelines using Groovy code and shared libraries.
- Help developers deliver their code to production (pipelines, code quality, Github magic, etc).
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals to help smooth the tight release deadlines.
- Work closely with developers and QA teams to understand how to improve their processes and deliver high quality software more effectively.
- Hands-on development with Ansible, terraform, and Python scripting languages.
- Help monitor and troubleshoot both development and production environments.
- Communicate the work done clearly and concisely; help developers and other teams understand the code developed with the goal of becoming self-sufficient.
- Platforms: Kubernetes, AWS, New Relic, ES, Redis, Kibana,
- Delivery: Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform and custom tools
- Data: PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis,
- Programming: NodeJS, Groovy/Java, Python and Shell-scripting
- Enterprise tools: GitHub Enterprise, Slack Enterprise, Jira, Confluence
- 5+ years of experience in software operations (Continuous integration, Continuous deployment, development tools, and release processes).
- Hands on experience with Jenkins Pipelines using Docker containers as artifacts.
- Hands on experience with configuration and automation tools. Preferable Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with data-driven software and application troubleshooting using monitoring and collection tools such as New Relic, Splunk, ELK, kubectl, etc.
- Experience getting the developer's code from inception to production ready in collaboration with Agile development teams and infrastructure hosting teams.
- Experience deploying multi-tier software architecture in virtual infrastructure (Kubernetes and AWS).
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and networking concepts.
- Strong understanding and experience with web SaaS architecture.
- Familiarity with Agile development tools like Git and JIRA.
- Familiar with at least one programming language other than bash scripting.
- BS in Computer Sciences or related degree desired.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.