Senior Software Engineer - Curo
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
The Software Developer - Curo will work with the research team to develop new products and features to combine our research and technologies in speech recognition, NLP and conversational dialog management into our products. As a Sr Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the design and implementation components and features of the Curo AI engine.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Develop highly performing yet elegant solutions on the Curo AI stack to meet the demands of the business. This includes Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Voice Biometrics, and more.
- Writing code for new features and products, and creating test cases for your code.
- Responsible for feature delivery from its inception through to production.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 6+ years of relevant experience including hands-on coding in C, C++, and Python.
- Experience with systems programming; solid understanding of OS facilities, process management, virtual memory, etc.
- Proficiency in working with highly concurrent systems that leverage both multithreading and multiprocessing.
- Solid understanding and experience with Software Engineering best practices.
- Enjoy coding and solving challenging technical problems.
- Exposure to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, with an initial focus on implementation and testing key features.
- Effectively communicate/collaborate with people inside and outside the Engineering team.
- Prior experience with IVR, voice technologies and/or protocols.
- Experience with statistical methods and/or machine learning (including frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch).
- Enjoy coding and solving challenging technical problems using computer science.