Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Communications at Cogito
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Cogito is seeking an experienced and skilled software engineer with expertise in modern voice technologies. The Cloud Communications Team is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software for audio call capture from enterprise telephony systems. The team develops software for cloud-based and virtualized environments and virtual servers ensuring call centers of all sizes have secure, reliable, and low-latency integration with Cogito behavioral analytics on all their calls.
You are an experienced developer who has worked with unified communications platforms such as Twilio. You are comfortable in a mix of languages and tech stacks from low-level network programming in C to high-level SDKs in Java. You believe in automated testing and know how to simulate production environments to test for reliability and scale. You are a Linux guru and have deployed software on physical servers and virtualized instances in public and private clouds. You bring enthusiasm to your job and love tackling new and challenging problems. You are a collaborator who thrives on a focused, dedicated tech team.
- Microservice design specification for capturing audio from third-party systems
- RESTful and/or AMQP-based services for efficiently processing signaling and media
- Reliable operation of audio call capture services in production
- 5-10 years of experience developing production-grade software
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in Java and/or C++, including design patterns and mastery of standard libraries
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about building scalable software in a fast growing tech company
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and apply them to advancing the software stack
- Ability to develop software solutions to support customers and prospects
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- A self starter, willing to invest time and effort to learn new skills and techniques
- Detail oriented and able to meet objectives in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of telephony protocols and codecs such as SIP, H.323 and RTP
- Experience working with telephony systems such as Avaya CM, Asterisk PBX, Cisco UCM, Acme Packet SBC, Verint Impact 360, etc.
- Experienced and proficient working on a Linux/UNIX OS
- Proficient in computer networking and security principals
- Interest in real-time audio and voice technologies
• Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• Ongoing professional development and cross-training
• 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
• 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
• Company paid parental leave upon hire
• Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
• Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Stocked groceries in the kitchen
• Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description