Senior Software Engineer: Chatbot Authoring Tools (Backend or Full Stack)
Senior Software Engineer: Chatbot Authoring Tools (Backend or Full Stack)Ship real value daily, for your customers
At Drift, we are working hard to grow the number of conversations people have to make our customers as successful as possible. Senior engineers at Drift push us further toward that goal by bringing their skills to bear on meaty technical challenges.
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship phenomenal code every single day. You will continue to validate your abilities in architecture, design, and operations to build features that power Drift customers around the world.
- Be granted freedom, authority, and responsibility to make our customers successful
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies and own problems from end-to-end
- Uphold our Drift Leadership Principles and be the teammate you want to work with
- Write software with outcomes in mind among the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate across the organization with other teams within engineering, sales, operations, and customer success
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy working on tools, APIs, infrastructure, or anything it takes to solve problems and build better bots
- If you're exceptional in a few areas (ex: you're a Python master, React guru, or AWS ops ninja); We like pointy people
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
- Are excited about collaborating with conversation designers, machine learning engineers, and natural language scientists
- Can stitch together many different services and processes, even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design & code and craft fantastic experiences
- Bonus if you have experience with ML infrastructure / backend / frontend support
- Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design
You might work on:
- Build tools with React and Python that let non-engineers build bots capable of answering hundreds of questions asked thousands of ways
- Generate reports from data in Redshift that tell customers how users have been talking to their bots
- Design diagnostic systems to identify performance bottlenecks in our API infrastructure that could be in SQL, python, or other code
- Develop a distributed task management back end that allows designers to automate testing bots with historic customer conversations
Who you'll work with:
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities!
- Carolina Lopez-Treviño, Software Engineer, joined August 2017. Carolina built several email features, and is a champion for the email infrastructure.
- Trevor Rundell, Director of Engineering, joined Feb. 2016. TRun is the go-to guy for anything tech or getting deep on a problem.
- Maggie Crowley, Staff Product Manager, joined Dec. 2017. Maggie & the team own our bot features and built the interaction flow we use today.
What's it like to work at Drift?
We help companies build better pipeline faster by connecting them now with the people who want to buy now. Drift is changing the way businesses buy from businesses by building software tools that make conversational commerce accessible to anyone. We want the world to revolve around the customer, and we lead by example.
Drift hires people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. In product, we have engineers, PMs, and designers with broad sets of skills (from a variety of backgrounds) who are ready to tackle some of the most meaningful problems in the industry—from building adaptive AI for bot-supported conversations, to designing next generation chat experiences, to bridging the gap between old and new ways to buy—through this work, we're changing the global buying experience.
We look at Drift as a constantly-adapting learning experience; for all of us, we believe we're at the forefront of an enormous opportunity. We support one other in our curiosity and creation—which we pursue through small, frequent releases to see what works for our customers. We are enormously reflective as a team and knowledge-sharing across disciplines powers our day-to-day work.
Product teams at Drift are small by design. We want you to feel like you're part of a successful garage band. These teams are supported by centralized groups that build tooling and train on topics like UX, security, compliance, and leadership so we can get better as we grow larger.
We want to work in a company of positive, hardworking people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to succeed in their work, and to help other Drifters improve over the long term (by helping them get better at what they do).
We celebrate wins as a company. Whether it's sales bonuses, trips for team MVPs, or the most "high-fives", we celebrate one another as much as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry on with extraordinary alignment, executive reports, and automated stats for everyone.
In both our products and our people, we aim to share the pains and successes of our customers. We are building a company that is abnormally successful. To do that, we need to both embrace tradition, and seek success that goes far beyond "the way we've always done things".