Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 2,000 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies.
MineralTree is searching for a passionate and results oriented Software Engineer (backend) who will assist with the design and development of enhancements to the MineralTree product.
- Provide hands-on development for complex projects acting as both a contributor and subject matter expert
- Experience selecting key technologies for software development
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of modern software development concepts, practices and procedures
- Design and develop software for MineralTree’s financial products and platforms
- Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of complicated technical tasks
- Collaborate with other teams to accomplish technical and product development tasks
- Work closely and effectively in cross-functional scrum teams
- Solid understanding of design patterns, objected-oriented design and architectural principles
- 4+ years of experience with Java and related technologies
- Solid understanding of server-side development of web based concurrent applications
- Working knowledge of microservice architectures is a strong plus
- Broad familiarity with open source technologies in a java ecosystem
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Understanding of a modern SDLC and CI/CD
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience building and maintaining a multi-tenant SaaS environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and/or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of cryptography and management of cryptographic data
- Familiarity with Spring framework
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (Docker)
- Understanding of financial systems, specifically around payments and invoice automation technologies
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee you will enjoy a competitive salary, bonus and benefits for your peace of mind, such as -- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental insurance, vision, life, disability and more! You will save for retirement through our 401K and have the opportunity for growth with our tuition reimbursement. We also know that talented people tend to hang together, which is why we provide you with the opportunity to earn significant referral bonuses. With hard work comes the need for time off, so we provide unlimited vacation giving you the opportunity to recharge. These are just a few of the great benefits we offer. We look forward telling you more about all of the great benefits and perks here at MineralTree!
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer. We support the principle of equality of treatment in employment, and are committed to having procedures to determine equal pay for all our employees that do not discriminate and are free from bias.