Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Vivox at Unity Technologies
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us in building communication services that enable creators to build healthy, sticky communities. Vivox is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100M people every month in every country on the planet.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be responsible for defining and implementing new services and maintaining and updating existing services. At Vivox we regularly provide services to millions of concurrent users so stability, performance and maintainability are critical. You will work closely with Product Management to define and deliver features that meet customer needs. You will work closely with Operations to ensure our services can be managed and maintained. You will be part of our on-call rotation, providing critical support for Operations during planned and unplanned events.
- Design and implement new services for the Vivox platform
- Diagnose, optimize and generally maintain existing Vivox services
- Deliver high quality engineering on time and to specification
- Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams in defining, building and releasing new products
- Collaborate with QA to ensure our products are fully tested and working perfectly
- Work closely with other teams both within Vivox as well as other parts of Unity
- Strong understanding of modern server development, threading/concurrency, networking, automated testing
- Experience in building high-performance and high-availability distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Working knowledge of at least one of C++, Golang, Python, or other Object-Oriented Languages
- Ability to share knowledge with others well, both verbally and in writing
- VOIP Experience
- Experience in any of C++, Golang, Python/Twisted, Erlang/Elixir and willingness to learn
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience in game development or social / communication services
- Real time audio processing experience
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.