• 4+ years professional experience in mobile development
• Thorough understanding the Android mobile platform
• A passion for building engaging user experiences
• A proven track record of building prototypes and taking a data approach to product development, testing and measuring new insights very quickly
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our users
• A desire to help our team continuously improve
• Kotlin knowledge
• Worked with unidirectional data flow (MVI, Redux, …)
• Addressed compile-time/build performance issues
• Experience with dependency injection
• Knowledge about the Clean Architecture principles
About the job
Do you want to make a meaningful impact on the future of Hopper's travel technology? We're hiring a specialist in Android Development to join our Fintech team and help us innovate the next generation of travel selling and booking technology.
Fintech is responsible for 70% of the company's revenue and as a Senior Android Developer, you will help drive the product direction, making sure we seek the right user problems and find new and innovative ways to delight our customers! Day to day, your work may range from building prototypes and new product features, to iterating on and applying the latest UI frameworks to optimize the user experience.
- Contribute to feature implementation in our native mobile Android app (Kotlin/Java)
- Collaborate with a team of talented developers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Help evolve our mobile architecture to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical and strategic direction of the product
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.