Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior SDET to join our Pricing team. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
The ideal candidate is a smart, roll-up your sleeves individual who is willing to jump in and aspire in an Agile environment with strict deadlines. The dedicated team player will be responsible for automated testing of web UI, APIs, E2E and database applications.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for functional, integration and regression (UI & API) test plans & execution and documentation.
- Participate in the design of new software products, evaluates requirements, participates in architecture; refactors existing software subsystems, performs systems testing and leads the deployment activities
- Create logically structured test plans, design detailed test cases, file defects, generate reports
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to understand customer’s needs, focus on important features of the application, database use and have automate everything mind set
- Test APIs for resiliency, latency, and performance across many components
- Experience adapting to changing requirements in an agile environment, quickly updating existing test plans and automated tests accordingly, and juggling competing priorities.
What You’ll Need
- Overall 7+ years of experience in the Quality engineering and high-volume enterprise systems
- 3+ years experience in eCommerce or Retail
- Possess strong technical knowledge of Java, JS, SQL, API Development, Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress or other code bases and testing tools
- Experience in using UI profilers and deep knowledge of chrome developer and testing tools
- 3+ years experience in emerging and traditional technologies, Work with product managers to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Good Understanding of technologies like React, Java 1.8+, Reactive Microservices, Docker, Kafka, SQL & NoSQL Database technologies in Cloud Environment.
- Understanding of full life cycle software development with Agile and Lean Startup methodologies.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing best practices and Continuous Integration processes.
- Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools and methodology to support the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
- Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of Product Engineering and Product Management.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]