Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer the candidate will:
- Use process and best practices to ensure the platform and applications are stable and performant.
- Keep the customer-facing applications and services always available.
- Proactively identify hurdles to stability and implement self-healing and resiliency initiatives.
- Build and maintain tools that will help with day to day activities and orchestration of our cloud environments.
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment.
- Participate in the Incident and Problem Management processes and assist the teams in ensuring proper RCAs are documented and follow-ups are delivered.
- Communicate with software engineers, QA engineers, product management and operations staff on a daily basis for sharing ideas, status on ongoing work and prioritizing future work.
- Implement Infrastructure as a service and Infrastructure as code practices wherever applicable.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies internally as well as externally, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
Minimum years of work experience:
3 to 5+ years of professional work experience in a technical environment delivering world class software on cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or a similar role operating a highly scalable and distributed platform.
- Experience with operating large-scale production systems in the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, NewRelic, Prometheus etc.
- Experience working in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience with scripting language like Python, Perl, PowerShell etc.
- Experience with SQL or equivalent language.
- Experience using source control systems such as Perforce and GIT.
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
- Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
- Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions.
- Experience with building immutable infrastructure with ARM, Terraform etc.
- Experience with containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, MesOS.
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Azure DevOps etc.
- Familiarity with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and Infrastructure as Code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.