We are looking for a Senior Server Engineer to work on the team responsible for all the backend services for the Vivox voice communication service. Vivox is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100M people every month in every country on the planet.
As a Senior Server Engineer you will be responsible for implementing new services and maintaining and updating existing services. At Vivox we regularly provide services to millions of concurrent users so stability, performance and maintainability are critical. As a member of our server engineering team, you will have the opportunity to partner with Product Management to deliver features that meet customer needs, and work closely with Operations to ensure our services can be managed and maintained. You will be part of our on-call rotation, providing critical support for Operations during planned and unplanned events.
- Design and implement new services for the Vivox platform
- Diagnose, optimize and generally maintain existing Vivox services
- Deliver high quality engineering on time and to specification
- Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams
- Partner with QA to ensure our products are fully tested and working perfectly
- Work closely with other teams both within Vivox as well as other parts of Unity
- Strong understanding of modern server development, threading/concurrency, networking, automated testing
- Experience in building scalable software systems and writing production code
- Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Languages
- Ability to share knowledge and engage in technical discussions with clients and peers, both verbally and in writing
- VOIP Experience
- Deep knowledge building high-performance and high-availability distributed systems
- Experience in game development or social / communication services
- Real time audio processing experience
- Experience with C++, Golan, Python/Twisted, Erlang/Elixir
Who We are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.