About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
This role will act as a part of the engineering team and ensure that we maintain high security standards throughout our technical infrastructure, applications, and processes.
We are a team of smart, motivated engineers that place a high value on craftsmanship and the security and scalability of our infrastructure. As we grow and take on the exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development and scaling our services to support greater volume and more clients, we’re looking for a talented engineer to help us maintain a high standard of security across our platform.
The Impact You Will Make
- Work closely with the development team to build an expert understanding of the architecture and operation of our platform to fully validate our security model and protections.
- Facilitate any software or operational modifications needed as a result of security audits or vulnerability reports.
- Provide technical support for internal security-related projects. Build and maintain internal tools and services to improve Grubhub’s security posture and help mitigate security risks.
- Tune and configure existing security tooling to ensure maximum efficacy.
- Audit and automate internal processes in order ensure adherence to security policy.
- Proactively recommend practical software and operational security improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats, attack trends, technologies, and industry developments.
- Evangelize for security within the organization
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 2-5+ years of development experience in Ruby on Rails or a similar modern web framework
- Ability to write code in scripting languages to use for automation
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud security
- Exposure to common security engineering tools (Vulnerability Scanner, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc.)
- Experience working with multiple operating systems like Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.
- Working knowledge of host and network security
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.