Senior Salesforce Developer at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The role of the Salesforce Developer is to develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, business requirements and company goals. The Salesforce Developer must maintain a flexible work environment to facilitate quick responses to changing project requirements and must innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for managing daily support and maintenance of the internal Salesforce.com instance and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving business requirements.
The Salesforce Developer will interact regularly with an Agile Scrum delivery team, working with Product Management & end users as needed to analyze project objectives and capability requirements. Additionally, this role will collaborate with various internal departments, including software engineering, data science & commercial, to ensure that the Salesforce environment supports needs relating to functionality and performance.
- Develop a general understanding of Indigo’s Salesforce infrastructure and release process; begin adding incremental value to infrastructure
- Resolve all assigned tickets (coding using Apex and complex lightning components) within each sprint cycle to meet business requirements
- Actively contribute to building and troubleshooting process automation (Workflows, Process Builders, Flows, Validation Rules etc.) across our Salesforce instance
- Develop a general understanding of Indigo’s business units and processes (primarily that provide context and direct input to / output from Salesforce)
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing sessions to show functionality of new components, processes, and features
- Take pride in implementing the best possible solutions, while advocating for SF best practices
- Regularly communicate and actively participate with scrum master and team
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with change management/CAB process
- Familiar with start-up culture; ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment with loosely defined guidelines
- Diplomatic; able to stay level-headed and prioritize when responding to users/business
- Understand when to escalate and when to put on back burner
- Proven experience establishing best practices at multiple orgs (multiple instances)
- Strong understanding of Process automation (Workflows, Process Builders, Flows, Validation Rules etc.)
- Experience with:
- Apex Collections, Triggers, Classes/Controllers, Lightning Components, including Salesforce best practices
- Service cloud (case management, queue management, live chat agent, community, forums)
- Data Management (Data Loader)
- Conga (contract management automation)
- Various Salesforce migration methods (ANT, ChangeSets, third party tools, etc)
- Salesforce CPQ Troubleshooting (very strongly preferred)
- Field Service Lightning (preferred)
- Clear understanding of Salesforce security (field level security, permission sets, profiles, role hierarchy, sharing settings)
- General understanding of Integrations is a plus
- Certifications preferred: (Certified Administrator (201), CPQ, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer I)
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.